Thursday, November 17, 2011

PR: Fight Gone Bad

On Thursday, I set a new PR for Fight Gone Bad, but the new record requires some explanation.

First, the PRs that I've posted for this workout were performed at home. Since I don't have a 20-lb medicine ball or 12-foot cielings, I've always done FGB with 2x20-lb dumbbell thrusters in place of the wall-ball shots. Since I've been going to CrossFit Diesel, I've been able to do the workout as prescribed, but I haven't beaten the 266 I recorded at home.

Thursday's workout was a CFD creation called Fight Gone...Good? It's just FGB with the sumo deadlift high pull and rowing replaced by rest. Because of the way FGB is scored, the new workout is a legitimate FGB, but one where the athlete has chosen to put zero effort into 20% of the rounds. My new score of 262 is higher than I've been able to post for FGB at CFD, so perhaps this workout is pointing me towards a strategy for maximizing my score on Fight Gone Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment