Monday, December 19, 2005

One Ring to Rule Them All

I'm confident that everyone who reads this blog already knows our latest news, but I feel that, for completeness, I should post it here as well: As of Friday, the 16th, Alison and I are engaged. So, for all the girly girls out there, here are some poorly lit photos of the hardware:


For all those who've asked since I posted the photos, yep, that's a ruby, and it's princess-cut. Oh, and the setting is platinum.

For the extra-girly girls in the audience, here's an entirely inaccurate recounting of the sincere and meaningful sentiment that accompanied the hardware at the time of its deployment:

Alison, do you accept this token of longstanding affection, and, by doing so, agree to enter into a socially and legally recognized state of cohabitation, optionally resulting in the production of offspring?

So, of course she answered in the affirmative. Who wouldn't, after being walloped with that much purple prose?

Lastly, I should mention that I am thankful to Lisa, Tom, and Shuaib for serving as sounding boards while I worked out my evil plan. I'd also like to thank Nick for his extremely amusing reaction to Alison's unveiling of the ring. It's like he just isn't programmed to see jewelry. Or maybe there's an SEP field that only affects him.

No comments:

Post a Comment