Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Review: Yubnub

I'm still using Google's Chrome browser, even though it's just a beta release. In fact, I've added Yubnub, the "command line for the internet," to it. Here's my review of that little piece of software.

The Setup

Once installed, Yubnub lets you easily search different databases and search engines. For example, typing "gim miata" does a Google Image search for Miatas, and "wp wankel engine" does a Wikipedia search for Wankel engines. Yubnub does much more, too. It can use it as a reverse dictionary; look up a word given its definition. It can generate random numbers. It can break up strings and perform Boolean operations. If all that isn't enough, you can create your own command.

What I Like
  • It really is like a command line for the internet.

What I Don't Like
  • What's not to like?

Conclusion

Overall, I give Yubnub 9.0 out of 10. It's terribly useful and entirely free.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the positive Yubnub review, Skeeler.

    And I'm loving Chrome as well.

    ReplyDelete