Monday, July 25, 2011

PR: Grace

In addition to the C&J PR I just posted, I also set a personal record for the workout called Grace (30 clean and jerks at 135 lb for minimum time) today. My new time of 8:48 is almost 7 minutes faster than my previous record. That time difference suggests an enormous improvement in technique or fitness, but I believe the speeding up was due to a different factor. The last time I performed Grace, I did so with steel plates in our second-floor apartment. That meant that I set the bar down carefully between reps. This time, I did the WOD at CrossFit Diesel with bumper plates, and I dropped the bar, with some guidance, between reps. That one change could easily have saved me the six-and-change minutes I took off my time today.

It was a good day at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment