Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Oh, the Shoemanity!

Alison has this habit of not untying her shoes before taking them off. I've tried to convince her that doing so is bad for the shoes, that it stretches the upper and stresses the seams, but she remains unconvinced. It makes me cringe every time she does it, especially when I've loaned her the shoes she's mistreating so. I'm not even sure how she can remove her feet from her shoes when they are still tied; I certainly can't. She must wear her shoes much more loosely than I do.

This could be---say it with me---a deal-breaker.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I have never had my shoes rip into pieces because I was "stressing the seams" by taking them off without untying them first. Actually, I don't think I have EVER had a pair of shoes that actually ripped. I have worn holes in soles and in toes, and soles have come loose, but never have I stretched them out or ripped them. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete