Friday, April 25, 2008

PR: Angie

Yesterday, I turned in a personal-record time on the workout named Angie: 17 minutes, 15 seconds. Angie was the second workout I did after starting CrossFit more than a year ago, on January 29, 2007. It took me 35:07 that first time. Most of that improvement hasn't come from increased work capacity. I cut about ten minutes off my time just by learning the kipping pull-up. Most of the remaining has come from tactics: I break each block of 100 repetitions into multiple sets, taking breaks before I reach failure. The 13 seconds that I shaved off yesterday was entirely due to knowing my previous time and pushing very hard during the squats. In other words, I certainly can't claim to be over twice as fit as when I began CrossFitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment