Saturday, December 13, 2008

Recipe: Chili Dog Casserole

Alison posts most---to date, all---of our recipes, so I thought it was time for me to post one of my own. What follows is a "recipe" for the chili dog casserole I make---assemble, really---sometimes when I'm feeling lazy, espcially when Alison isn't around. This dish is well within the bounds of what I call "bachelor food." What I mean by that phrase will be obvious when you read the recipe, if it isn't clear from the dish's title.

  • 4 hot dogs. I use uncured chicken dogs, but you can use something more traditional, if you like.
  • 1/2 can chili. I use low-fat vegetarian chili, but again you can certainly use "regular" chili.
  • 2 hamburger buns. I use whole wheat buns, but...
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion.
Cut the hot dogs to whatever length you desire, mix with the chili. Heat in the mircowave to desired temperature. Pull the buns into smaller pieces. Add the buns and onion to the heated mixture. Stir, then eat with a spork.

No comments:

Post a Comment