- Melanie C, "Beautiful Intentions." Even though I've learned Mel C's identity and background since I last mentioned her, I still enjoy several of her songs. Really.
- Luka Bloom, "The Acoustic Motorbike." This is my favorite song about cycling.
- Snow Patrol, "Open Your Eyes." I discovered this song watching a video compilation of Spec Miata footage, and I used the Shazam app to find it.
- Alexi Murdoch, "Breathe." I found this one while watching an episode of Stargate Universe. Again, Shazam to the rescue.
- Anna Nalick, "Breathe (2 AM)." I discovered this piece while searching for the other "Breathe" in this list. It's funny how things work out sometimes.
- American Hi-Fi, "The Art of Losing." I stumbled onto this track while wacthing a video compilation of World Rally Championship jumps. More Shazam-ing ensued.
- Muse, "Uprising." Yes, I admit it: this song is very popular on the radio right now. Plus, it is---or was recently---being used to promote ABC's remake of V.
- Tapping the Vein, "Complicate It." This is a recently released song from a band I've been listening to for a while.
Sharp-eared readers will note that only one of these songs is about a woman planning a murder. The rest of the songs are at least a bit outside my strike zone, as Nick calls it. I think I'm growing as a person.