Thursday, March 22, 2007

BSG: S4, DTV, and Caprica

The Sci Fi Channel has just increased their order for Season 4 of Battlestar Galactica from the 13 episodes I reported earlier to 20. Their announcement also mentions "a special two-hour extended episode that will air during the fourth quarter of this year and be released on DVD." This special episode sounds to me like the stand-alone telefilm that's been rumored.

In other Battlestar news, I haven't heard much about the Caprica spinoff series lately, leading me to wonder if it would happen. However, according to this article from the 'Pedia, the rumors of its abortion have been explicitly denied by the producers. Meanwhile, Joseph Adama, William's father and Lee's grandfather, who will be a central character in Caprica, has been mentioned several times recently on Battlestar. I guess that's no coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment