Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lookie What Else I Made!

Check out my latest knitting project. I finished it last night and I think it's super cool. I made new shoes out of old flip-flops! OK, OK....I didn't have any old flip-flops so I bought a pair for a dollar at Target. Happy now? *sigh*

Michael actually found the pattern for these at the CRAFT magazine website and suggested I make them. At first the pattern looked really complicated, but I have found that sometimes if you just dive in, it all makes sense once you have the yarn in your hands. Anyway, here are some pics of my completed knitted espadrilles:


Cool, huh? As the woman who wrote the pattern suggests, they do end up feeling loose on your feet, so the ties are critical. They're pretty cute on, though, and are super comfy. Hopefully they won't fall apart the first time I wear them. :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:06 PM

    these are so adorable! i am very impressed with your knitting abilities :)

    ReplyDelete