Tuesday, June 03, 2008

PR: CFT

Because I was skating Friday through Sunday, I didn't get a chance to tackle CrossFit Total last Friday with Alison. I took on CFT today in place of the prescribed Workout of the Day. Here's how it broke down:
  • Back squat. I set a new PR of 270 pounds, an improvement of 7 over my previous best and about 10 more than on my last CFT. I was happy with that performance.
  • Shoulder press. This lift was a disaster. A few months ago, my shoulder press max dropped off precipitously. I think I must have injured my left shoulder or upper arm; I just can't seem to support any substantial weight with the left arm. I've been adding a few dumbbell presses into my workouts in an effort to bring my left arm up to parity with my right, but it doesn't seem to have helped much. I managed to eek out 122 pounds, a small improvement from last time, but about 17 pounds down from my personal best.
  • Deadlift. I lifted 310, 6 less than my PR, and 1 lower than my best CFT deadlift.
As a result, I managed a CrossFit Total of 702, just 2 pounds better than my best previous CFT. It's a PR, so I'll take it, but I'm not entirely happy with this workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment