Friday, May 30, 2008

Crossfit, Alison-style

Michael is going to be taking part in some speed skating fun today, so I did the WOD all by my lonesome. Today's WOD was Crossfit Total, which Michael has reported on before. Just to remind those who are not avid Crossfitters in the crowd, though, you do your 1-rep max of back squat, overhead press, and deadlift and then add the weights together to get your score. I was really happy with myself today!
  • I got a new PR on back squat: 165 lbs compared to my previous PR of 155 lbs. That means that I have now squatted my bodyweight. Woo hoo!
  • I got a new PR on overhead press: 75 lbs compared to my previous PR of 70 lbs. It was super sloooow...I almost got stuck around the halfway point, but I somehow managed to push just a tiny bit harder and I got the bar to creep past the hard part. Whew!
  • I matched my previous PR on deadlift (175 lbs). I hadn't hit that in a while, though, so I was pretty happy with matching rather than beating my previous PR.
All of this means that my new Crossfit Total score is 415 compared with my previous of 370! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment