Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Final Frontier?

I guess I must be more optimistic than I usually give myself credit for, because I am planning to go see Star Trek sometime during its opening weekend, the weekend of May 8.  I'm holding out hope that this will be the first good Trek film since First Contact.*  Anyway, I don't think Alison is very excited about seeing this flick, so I'm wondering if there are any trekkies** in the readership who might be interested in going with me.

Update:  I just saw that right now, with 15 reviews counted, Star Trek's Tomatometer rating stands at 100% positive.  That's good news. (Meanwhile, Metacritic doesn't have enough reviews to produce a score.)

*  For those of you keeping score at home, this franchise's record stands at something like 4 good, 7 bad, depending on whom you ask. 
** Don't give me any of that trekkie/trekker nonsense.  "Trekkies" sounds less self-serious, so it's the one I use.

6 comments:

  1. Excuse me! I did say that I wanted to/would go with you. That's not to say others are not invited, of course, but I wanna go too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the impression that you agreed, reluctantly, to go with me. I didn't want to make you go, so...

    Maybe we can find someone to go with US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be most interested in going this weekend, but my brother and his wife will be in town, and they probably have other plans.

    So, with this one trip, my brother has prevented me from going to 1) a big party-thing being DJed by my friend Alex, 2) a concert by Mastodon, my current favorite metal band, and 3) the opening weekend of "Star Trek." Good timing there, Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll miss you. It won't be a proper geek outing without you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fred "The Ogre" Palowakski5:40 PM

    What the hell is a "terkker"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops. Good eye. I've fixed that now.

    ReplyDelete