Tuesday, November 20, 2012

PR: (Power) Elizabeth

On Monday, 2012.11.18, I set a new PR for the benchmark workout called Elizabeth.  Elizabeth consists of 21-, 15-, and 9-rep rounds of cleans (135 lb for men, 95 lb for women).  As originally written, the WOD calls for squat cleans, but CrossFit.com and CrossFit Diesel have been relaxing the standard over the last year or so to allow power cleans instead.  The most high-profile example was in the final of the 2012 CrossFit Games.  For me, and for 135 lb, power cleans are much more efficient than squat cleans, so the new standard probably played a role in my improved performance   Still, my new time, 7:01, was just over 5 minutes faster than my old PR, so I don't think the power cleans explain all the improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment