Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I'm Waiting for the Implantable Size

Check this out. An Israeli has invented a system for extracting dissolved oxygen from seawater. That's right: artificial gills. The current version is way too large for an individual to carry, like Scuba gear, but it could be viable solution for submarines or underwater habitats. Neat, eh?

Still, I'm holding out for the system to be miniaturized to the point that it can be implanted in, say, my neck. Then I wouldn’t have to worry about swallowing too much water in the shower. I could even go swimming immediately after eating. (Take that, Mom!)

An even better solution would be bioengineering. I’m sure it’s just a matter of a few gene grafts from---oh, I don’t know---a hammerhead shark, and I’d be good to go. The Creature from the Black Lagoon wouldn’t have anything on me. Neither would the shark dude from that terrible, terrible Sci Fi Channel movie. Mwahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment