Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Grandest Challenge Yet

Tonight, I watched an episode of Nova called "The Great Robot Race." This documentary chronicles the second race of the DARPA Grand Challenge, in which robot vehicles competed to travel over 132 miles of the Mojave Desert in the minimum time. As a person with an interest in robotics and who has worked on numerous DoD projects, I found it very interesting. (Unfortunately, it also made me feel quite inadequate, since the robot vehicle I'm trying to build is coming along very poorly.) If and when the documentary re-airs in your area, you should check it out. Alternately, the entire episode will be available for download beginning tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. That show was great. The ending was a little surprising, I thought for sure that the CMU team would win.

    ReplyDelete