Sunday, June 10, 2007

Movie Review: Slither

(This review contains no significant spoilers.)

A few weeks ago, Alison I watched Slither, or, more "properly" SLiTHER. I should point out that this movie is a horror comedy, and it received very positive reviews from the press, but did poorly at the box office, perhaps because horry comedy is a hard genre to market. Anyway, Alison had seen it before, and she recommended to me as a good film for people who aren't really into the whole horror thing, like me. Plus, I always enjoy Nathan Fillion's work, so I said, "Let's do it."

Slither has a more-or-less standard sci-fi/horror plot, but the characters and the dialog make it more than worth watching. The violence is graphic, but mostly somewhat cartoonish and unrealistic, making the film more enjoyable for non-horror-fans such as me. Fillion did a good job, as expected, but I must say that the mayor character, played by that guy who also played the sheriff in The Train Job episode of Firefly, steals the film.

Overall, I give it 7.0 out of 10. It's not great movie-making, but it's good, and quite entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment