Monday, October 22, 2007

Book Review: Goblin Quest

(This review contains no significant spoilers.)

I recently completed Jim C. Hines' novel Goblin Quest, which was brought to my attention by John Scalzi. The story follows a goblin named Jig as he is sucked into quest with two humans, a dwarf and an elf. Jig is a runt among goblins and his vision is terrible. The only things that have kept him alive in the rather harsh goblin society are his inherent cowardice and the fact that he is smarter than the average bear...I mean goblin. The book is is a light-hearted, humorous "fractured" fairytale. I really enjoyed that the protagonist of the story is far from the traditional brave, competent hero. He's just this guy, you know?

Overall I give this book 7.0 out of 10. It's not great literature, but it is a fun, fast read.

No comments:

Post a Comment