Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dollhouse is Coming. Dollhouse is Coming.

Regular readers and those who know me in meatspace are aware that I am a big fan of creator/writer/director/producer/composer/geek Joss Whedon.  What you may not realize is that I've never seen any new Whedon-created television.  By the time Nick introduced me to the wonder of Firefly, that series had already ended, as had Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.  Thus, I only know those shows through DVDs.  I have been privileged to see some of Whedon's work when it was first available;  I saw Serenity on opening weekend---and also later in its run---and I watched each of the 3 acts of Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog as it was made available on the interwebs.  Still, Mutant Enemy, Whedon's production company hasn't made anything for small screen, since I became a fan.

Until this Friday.

Friday night, at 9:00 PM Eastern Time, Whedon's new series, Dollhouse, premieres.  The show is airing on Fox, which has prematurely canceled some of my favorite shows,* so I'm not optimistic about a long run, but you can certainly guess where I'll be on Friday at 9.

* As well as numerous others

1 comment:

  1. I'm still not sure I can bear to watch before knowing whether it will live. I'll put the DVR on it, but I think I may just let the eps collect until it's renewed or cancelled (deleting the eps unwatched in the latter case).

    ReplyDelete