Monday, May 21, 2012

Made-Up WOD: Angie in 10 Rounds

I enjoy doing the workout known as Angie when that WOD comes up.  Angie looks like this:
For minimum time, complete the following:
  • 100 pull-ups
  • 100 push-ups
  • 100 sit-ups
  • 100 squats
Like almost all CrossFit workouts, the athlete must complete the movements in the order listed;  all the pull-ups must be completed before starting the push-ups, and so on.  That's a great challenge to the endurance of the muscles in each exercise, but it's not a serious challenge to metabolic condition, and it can be a little frustrating breaking the first two movements into a large number of sets.  

So, a couple of months ago, I made up a WOD to see how fast I could complete all the movements in Angie if they were broken down according to a different scheme.  I call this workout Angie in 10 Rounds, and it does what it says on the tin
For minimum time, complete 10 rounds of the following:
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 10 push-ups
  • 10 sit-ups
  • 10 squats
This rep scheme really kept me moving, and I managed to complete the WOD, without trying too hard, in 13:01.  That's almost 4 minutes faster than my best Angie time.  I think I'll keep this workout in my quiver for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment