Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Small Victories

A couple of weeks ago, at my Parkour class, I had access to a pair of still rings, and, with a bit of instruction, I was able to do my first-ever muscle-up. A muscle-up, for those of you who don't know, is essentially a combination pull-up and dip, and it's usually performed on rings. The actual pull-up and the dip aren't difficult for a person of my size and build; the transition is where all the work and technique lie, and the proper grip is essential for pulling off the transition. Anyway, muscle-ups are quite challenging.

The next week, I had access to a climbing rope, which I managed to ascend without using my feet.

So, to sum up, yay me.

1 comment:

  1. Alright. Yes, they are somewhat impressive. Yes, good for you and the guy in the video that you can manage them (pretty sure I couldn't).
    But Beethoven's 9th? Do you get Handel's Messiah for an Iron Cross?

    ReplyDelete