Saturday, September 08, 2007

As Long as Michael Bay isn't Involved

Apparently, Warmer Brothers has purchased the film rights to the 1980's transforming-mecha series, Robotech, which is the series that introduced me and a lot of people my age to anime. What's more, Tobey Maguire's production company will produce the film, and Maguire is considering staring* in it. I'm not sure what to think of this move. In many respects, Robotech was superior to the similarly themed Transformers,** and it was certainly better than Voltron, but Transformers made such an awful film, I have to worry. Maybe, if Michael Bay isn't allowed anywhere near the set or the editing room, things will work out.

* I can only guess that means he's interested in playing Rick Hunter.
** The singing was not one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment