Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Food

Mmm...now that it has gotten a little bit chilly outside, I'm starting to want to cook all my favorite fall foods. I am a nut for anything that has pumpkin in it and I really love making homemade soup when it starts to get chilly outside. Here are a couple of my favorite soups:

Barley and Roasted-vegetable Soup

  • I found this recipe on Epicurous.com and I really love it! I have made it both with and without the barley and I have never found dried porcini mushrooms, so I usually leave that part out. Also, if you use instant barley, you can sort of combine the last 2 steps into one and save yourself some time.
Alton Brown's Curried Split Pea Soup

  • This one is easy and yummy. The hardest part is chopping up the onion. I think it tastes great served with bread made using Alton's pizza crust recipe.

2 comments:

  1. I hereby attest to the deliciousness of each of these recipes and heartily endorse them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm...sounds delicious!

    I'm so behind on MSP and the board, but just saw Epigirl's news and wanted to wish you luck. I'm sure that you'll ace this and will enjoy much success! Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete