Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Internet Series Review: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

(This review contains no significant spoilers.)

As I wrote my last entry, a review of another internet series starying Felicia Day, I realized that I had never posted a review of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.  So, here it is:

The Setup

You can read my version of this series' setup here.

What I Liked
  • The dialog is wonderfully Whedonesque.
  • The plot is perposterous but hilarious.
  • The acting is solid.
  • The main characters, with one exception, are interesting and well developed.
  • The songs are amusing and well performed.

What I Disliked
  • Penny's character is only poorly developed and serves only as a MacGuffin to motivate Dr. Horrible's and Captain Hammer's actions.  If it weren't for Whedon's established record of feminism, I'd feel compelled to point out that only male characters had anything to do.

Conclusion

Overall, I give Dr. Horrible 8.5 out of 10.  If you haven't yet seen it, I encourage you to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment