Wednesday, September 28, 2011

PR: Back Squat, Deadlift, and CrossFit Total

Last Friday, CrossFit Total was the workout of the day at CrossFit Diesel. Here's how I did:
  • Back squat: 245 lb. That's a few-pound PR for my new depth standard.
  • Press: 130 lb. That's 9 lb short of my PR, but it represents an improvement over recent performances, and it indicates that the injury and weakness in my left shoulder is improving. I hope to get back up to body weight (136 as of Friday) with my next pressing workout.
  • Deadlift: 335 lb. That's a 10-pound PR. As with my most recent deadlift PR, this was a sumo deadlift. It was challenging, but I managed it, and without rounding my back. I think 2.5 times body weight (340 lb) should be easily reachable soon.
  • Total: 710 lb. That's a PR, too.
It was a good day.



No comments:

Post a Comment