Sunday, September 25, 2011

Muse Ick

It's been half a year, gentle reader, since I updated you about the music I've been enjoying. So, it's time for another unsolicited musical report.

  • "Sincerely, Jane" by Janelle MonĂ¡e. This is probably the track on this list furthest from my usual musical wheelhouse. The vocal and instrumental performances and are quite enjoyable, but what really makes the song, in my opinion, are the horns in particular. I found this song almost a year ago, when the artist appeared on one of the weekend public-radio shows. I need to check out the her other work.
  • "Eternal" by Faun Fables. The lyrics to this song are quite fun, and I enjoy the lead vocal and the instrumentation. I especially like the chanting male background vocals. They give the track a Polynesian flavor. I found this song, like many of my new favorites, through Pandora.
  • "Wonder" by Megan McCauley. So now we are getting into my usual musical strike zone. I found this song after enjoying the artist's "Fragile."
  • "I am the Doctor" written by Murray Gold, performed by the BBC National Orchestra of Wales. This track, of course, is from Doctor Who. Specifically, it's been used in Series 5 and 6 (new numbering) when the Doctor is figuring out and then solving some challenge. Often in a chace sequence. I enjoy the up-tempo parts immensely.

So that's what I've been listening to lately. You?

No comments:

Post a Comment