Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My Made-Up WOD

As I've said, I'm really enjoying the challenge and variability of my CrossFit workouts. Sometimes, however I don't want to do the Workout of the Day (WOD) published by CrossFit.com, Primal Fitness, or American Parkour, usually because of my nagging injury or the sport I expect to do the following day. On those occasions, I make up my own WOD. My made-up workouts typically go moderately well, but I never seem to push myself as hard as I would on a prescribed workout. Today, however, I was quite pleased with the workout I designed and performed. So, for your edification, here it is.
For minimum elapsed time, perform 4 rounds of the following:
  • 20 push-ups
  • 20 sit-ups
  • Carry 100-pound heavy bag up 3 flights of stairs (basement to third floor)
  • 20 push-ups
  • 20 sit-ups
  • Carry heavy bag back down stairs
Man! The sit-ups and especially the push-ups felt like rest. Incidentally, my Nike Free cross-trainers came in quite handy; they let me feel when I stepped off of the last stair in the flight, which was covered with ribbed anti-slip treads, and onto the landing, which was not. This was convenient, since I couldn't see directly in front of me, due to opacity of the bag.

For the record, this WOD took me 23 minutes, 18 seconds.

Update: When I told Jesse about this workout, he described it as "BADASS!" (The capitalization is his.) That description makes me feel rather proud of my workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment