Monday, May 07, 2007

Our Death March...er...Hike

Now that the weather is nicer, we have decided to do some hiking again. I really enjoy it...possibly because it is one of the few sports where I can go just as fast as Michael. Also, pretty nature, blah, blah. Plus, we can take Newton with us!

So, yesterday we set off on a hike which, according to directions I found on the Gunpowder Falls State Park website, would be 5.3 miles long. That seemed ambitious, but not too long. We figured we might have to carry the puppy, but it wouldn't be too bad.

Well, the directions turned out to be kind of crappy...either that or we are crappy at reading directions. Whatever. The point is that we probably ended up hiking more like 8 miles. Interestingly, the dog was totally fine. He seemed to be having fun the whole time, whereas Michael and I got kind of whiny somewhere during the last 45 minutes or so. We even tried to carry him, but he would struggle and want to get down almost immediately. Anyway, we slept like rocks last night and I am still pretty tired and my legs are sore. Still, it was a good workout and, y'know, nature, etc.

Bottom line: I highly recommend hiking (see above, nature, etc.), hoever I DO NOT recommend getting your hike directions from any website run by the Maryland state park people.

No comments:

Post a Comment