Sunday, May 21, 2006

Ah, the Bachelor Lifestyle

Alison has gone out of town for a few days to visit her broken-hipped grandmother, her mother, and, most importantly, Muffy in Florida, where all retired people are legally required to reside. So I'm living the bachelor lifestyle this weekend: sitting around in my underwear all day, eating cold pizza over the sink, watching hours of sports on TV, and playing poker with the boys while drinking cases of beer. Hah! Actually, yesterday, I worked on 2 of my bikes, went for a 3-hour bike ride, monkeyed with some of my new electronics, watched a bunch of The Simpsons on DVD, and read a bit of my latest sci-fi novel. Today, my plans are to futz with the electronics some more and lift weights. Oh, and blog a bit. Yep, I'm going hog-wild.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:31 PM

    The fact that you ate the pizza over the sink, rather than on the sofa, reveals that you have been influenced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for the record, everything between "sitting" and "beer" (inclusive) was sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete