Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

(This review contains no significant spoilers.)

Alison and I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End several weeks ago. Here are my thoughts.

What I liked:
  • The visual effects, especially those that created Davy Jones' crew, looked spectacular.
  • Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom turned in solid performances.
  • The final action sequence was quite fun to watch.
  • The film tied up the loose threads from the previous, second Pirates film.
What I disliked:
  • As in Spider-Man 3, there were too many plot lines to realistically address in one film, leaving many of then incompletely explored and the viewer somewhat confused.
  • A few plot points seemed stupid.
Overall, I give it 4.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment