Friday, March 28, 2008

Oh, the Hairanity!

(Warning: This post contains spoilers for Seasons 3 and later of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.)

I don't want to turn this blog into a pale imitation of Go Fug Yourself or The Superficial, but what is the deal with Alyson Hannigan's hair lately?

I mean, her 'do was quite cute---even sultry---in its various and sundry incarnations while she was portraying Willow on Buffy, even when she was playing Willow's vampire doppelganger or Willow Gone Bad. It's been attractive since then, too. While filming How I Met Your Mother, her hair has been pretty in both red and even brown. (Seriously, brown.) She's even looked cute in a slightly crooked ball cap and driving suit. But now she has these long, blunt bangs that hang down to her eyelashes. Not only does this cut look very 70s, but it makes me feel like I need to brush something out of my own eyes.

(By the way, I'll be sorely disappointed if I don't get a comment from Nick on this post.)

3 comments:

  1. I thought she started to look terrible from the very moment she dyed her hair brown. Some people have some flexibility in hair color, and will look good in several different colors; Alyson Hannigan, like most natural redheads, is not one of these people. The best that can be hoped when a redhead dyes her hair is that she removes one of her most distinctively attractive features, but still looks OK (e.g. Laura Prepon, Nicole Kidman before Botox made her scary). Alyson Hannigan, however, looks so much like a readhead that the brown hair looks alien.

    The recent butchering of her bangs is just the icing on the cake. It's striking how a series of bad hair choices took her appearance from adorable to unappealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:54 PM

    Alyson Hannigan isn't a natural redhead. This brown is darker than her original color (you can see it in her earlier stuff like My Stepmother is an Alien and even season 1 of BtVS), but it's still closer than the red.
    I think she looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:21 PM

    Both Alyson Hannigan and Laura Prepon are natural brunettes

    ReplyDelete