Sunday, March 16, 2008

I still blog here, too, I swear!

Hello everyone. Sorry I have been the non-blogger for so long! I have just been kind of unmotivated to blog about stuff lately, but I decided to share some of what has been going on with me with the rest of the world.

Aside from school stuff, mostly what I have been up to lately has been extremely domestic. I have been knitting lots of stuff and I have been on a really big cooking kick. First up: the cooking. I thought I'd share a recipe that I sort of made up recently. I was trying to replicate a recipe for Greek chicken pita sandwiches that a friend had brought over one night when we were doing a potluck-style dinner. It was really good, but unfortunately for me, it was a Let's Dish meal, so she didn't have the recipe to share with me. So, I searched for Greek chicken recipes on the internet and tried to incorporate the most common elements in all of the recipes into my own crock-pot recipe. Here is what I came up with:

Ingredients
  • 1 pgk boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 - 1.5 lbs)
  • 1 Tblsp olive oil
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • about 3 Tblsp dried oregano
  • 1-2 tsp vinegar (white or red wine vinegar will work fine)
  • juice of 1 lemon, plus 1-2 tsp of zest
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients in the crock pot. Cook on low for about 4-5 hours until chicken is cooked through. Add a little water or chicken broth (about 1/4 cup) if chicken is getting too brown. You might just add this up front if you plan to not be around while it cooks.
  2. Shred the chicken with 2 forks
  3. Serve on pita bread with feta cheese and some pepperoccini if that's your thing.
I like to serve this with a Greek salad on the side. Yum!

Stay tuned for knitting updates...it's too late for me to deal with taking pictures right now, so I'll catch you up on that later. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment