Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Theater Review: Capitol Steps

I somehow forgot to mention that, for our belated Valentine's Day celebration, Alison and I went to see the Capitol Steps. The Steps are composed mostly of former Congressional staffers, and they perform sketches of topical political satire, usually dressed as prominent political figures. Most of the sketches are musical parodies, but some are simple comedy skits, and they usually have a spoonerism-laden monologue at each performance. We found it quite entertaining.

Overall, I give the Steps 7.5 out of 10. If you live in the DC area and have any interest in politics,* you should check them out in person. If you don't live near the District, I believe you can frequently see them on PBS stations.

* I think the government puts politics in the water here, along with the fluoride, so I probably didn't need to include that second condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment