Monday, May 26, 2008

The Carwash

Newton, like many dogs, enjoys licking us after a shower or, especially, after a good, sweaty workout. Alison won't let him lick her, so he's learned not to even try. But I don't mind, so he's always ready to pounce when the opportunity arises:
  • When I turn off the shower and pull back the curtain, he usually appears within 15 seconds to lick the water off my feet and lower legs. I always dry them last to give him sufficient opportunity to enjoy his Michael tisane.
  • He has learned to stay out of the way when we work out; he usually sits in the corner of the gym---meant to be the master bedroom---and watches while we push heavy things around, jump up and down, or whatever. Once we start stretching, however, he comes over and begins lapping up the salty goodness. He especially enjoys licking my head for some reason. As he passes over my eyes and my ears, I can't help but feel as if I'm in a tiny, hot carwash.
Newton has learned both of the above behaviors without us intentionally teaching them to him. It's amazing what he picks up.

No comments:

Post a Comment