Thursday, May 22, 2008

Made-Up WOD: Sharon

During my trip to Illinois, I had to make up my own Workout of the Day each day, since I didn't have access to my normal suite of equipment. I did manage to make-up one good WOD while staying at Alison's mother's house. It was, in fact, the only good workout I had during my trip. I've decided to name this workout "Sharon," in honor of my mother-in-law:
For minimum time, do 4 rounds of the following:
  • 10 1-legged squats (pistols), left leg
  • 10 1-arm push-ups, left arm
  • 10 sit-ups
  • 10 pullups, underhand, strict
  • 10 1-legged squats (pistols), right leg
  • 10 1-arm push-ups, right arm
  • 10 sit-ups
  • 10 pullups, underhand, strict
The strict, underhand pull-ups came about because the in-doorway pull-up bar Sharon has isn't really sturdy enough for kipping and doesn't offer enough width for overhand use. I don't have my log book with me now, but I think it took me about 16 minutes. I think I'll add this workout to my list of made-up WODs that I'd do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment