Friday, April 06, 2007

I am a Giant

Those of you who have been reading this blog from its inception---and thank you for putting up with this nonsense, by the way---may recall that Alison doesn't like bananas.* That doesn't stop her from buying them for me, however, if she's the one doing the shopping. Meanwhile, those of you who eat bananas may have noticed that it's been quite difficult to find good bananas this year; they all seem to be green, far too green to ever ripen in one's kitchen. As a result, Alison recently came home from a trip to the store with the only ripe bananas she could find, a big bunch of these:
They are sometimes called ladyfingers, and, as you can see, they are perfectly formed, half-scale bananas. They made me feel oddly huge. Every time I ate one, I had to say, "I am a giant. Grr." Anyway, I just had to share my amusement with you, gentle reader.

* I love her anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment