Sunday, June 10, 2007

Brilliant

I must say that Doctor Who is really firing on all cylinders now. Why, you ask?
  • David Tennant's tenth Doctor has become my favorite incarnation of the character.
  • The latest companion, Martha Jones, is much more interesting than her predecessor, Rose Tyler. Additionally, Martha's relationship to the Doctor---unrequited crush---is much more compelling to me than Rose's.
  • The new series in general, and Episodes 8 and 9 of Season 3 (Human Nature and The Family of Blood) in particular, have explored the Doctor's character in ways unimaginable in the original run of the show.
  • Episode 10 of Season 3, Blink, examines the intricacies of time-travel more thoroughly than the Doctor Who ever has. Additionally, I greatly enjoyed the "Doctor-light" nature of the episode, in which, much like Season 2's Love & Monsters, the show follows a character through a story that only infrequently intersects the Doctor's.
I'm quite excited about the upcoming episodes. If the speculation proves founded, things could get interesting. And by "interesting," I mean "Oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die."

No comments:

Post a Comment